At St Joseph’s, we view the education of students as a vital partnership between home and school. Such a partnership can only come to fruition through communication, goodwill and highly professional staff learning together with families.
Communication with families is facilitated through:
- Weekly newsletters
- School Website/Skoolbag App
- Class Dojo
- Classroom/Level newsletters (periodically throughout the year)
- Term Overviews
- Year and Term Calendars
- Fortnightly student assembilies
- Parent Information Sessions
- Parent Learning Conversations (start of the year)
- Student Learning Portfolios (Each Term)
- Written Student Reports (June and December)
- Parent/Teacher/Student Goal Setting Conversations (Mid Year)
At any time, teachers welcome parents to make appointments to discuss their child’s progress and wellbeing. If you wish to do so, please remember the teacher’s first responsibility is to the class, so try to meet them before or after school. The Principal and School Leaders also welcome appointments to discuss issues which may not easily be resolved by the class teacher.